Dance science & Education
- Dance Pedagogy
- Preventive Dance Medicine
- Research Methods x 3
You will also choose 40 credits of optional courses from a range that are offered at Moray House School of Education and may include for example:
- Coaching and performance
- Psychology for physical activity
- Nutritional factors and ergogenic aids
- Physical activity for health
- Pediatric factors in sport
- Assessment of physical activity and body composition
- Peak performance
- Stress and coping in performance
- Planning and instruction for performance
- Physio-mechanical aspects of resistance training
- Conditioning physiology
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
We will also consider your application if you have relevant employment or professional experience; please contact us to find out more about this pathway to the degree before you apply.
With your application you will also be required to submit a digital portfolio evidencing your professional dance related practice. This should include for example footage of your own performance, your own original choreography performed by your students/dancers, or you in a teaching context.
If you are applying for the MSc Dance Science and Education with QTs , in order for students to be eligible for provisional registration as a teacher, they must have achieved a level of competence in Maths and English which is approved by the GTCS upon completion of your degree .This would normally be :
- SQA Higher Grade pass at levels A, B, C (or equivalent) in English
- SQA Standard Grade (Credit Level 1 or 2) pass in Mathematics or its equivalent