23rd March 2020
Dear Parents, Caregivers & Whanau
You will probably know by now that Takapuna Grammar School will be closed from the end of today, Monday 23rd March 2020 for all students other than those who have parents who have been identified as essential workers. Students were informed of this in Period 5 today and asked to take their books, textbooks and other equipment they will need for home learning with them.
Students have also been spoken to about taking this level of shut-down seriously and not to mix with anyone other that those in their household for the next four weeks. After this period of time, schools will be advised of the next stages and we will let you know.
Teaching and learning will continue via our remote learning programme. Students will also use workbooks and textbooks as required.
- The Remote Learning Guide for parents is posted on the school website and is included in this message.
- The Remote Learning Guide for students is posted on the school website and is included in this message.
- Teachers will provide learning opportunities for students via Google Classrooms.
- Support contacts for various issues can be found in the Remote Learning Guides
- TGS updates regarding Covid-19 will be posted on the website.
- Students who must come in tomorrow should report to the library at 9 am.
I am really proud of our students and staff response today to this exceptional request from our Prime Minister.
We trust if we all do as asked, we will get through this challenge.